DASSM 2-Day, Apr 12-15 (5:15pm-9:15pm)
This DASSM course builds upon your foundation for agile (DA, Kanban, SAFe®, Scrum, and Lean) with leadership skills required for success: EI, conflict management, communications, and GCI. For course-entry consideration email Beth@MAGI-DA.com for prereqs.
Apr 12, 2021, 5:15 PM EDT – Apr 15, 2021, 9:15 PM EDT
Zoom Video Conferencing
DASeniorSM – MAGI OVERVIEW
Join Beth Ouellette, PMI Fellow and DA Coach!
As a Disciplined Agile Senior Scrum Master, an Agile Alliance Scrum Master, a SAFe Certified Practitioner, or Agile Team Lead you will continue to position yourself and your team(s) for increased success with your leadership abilities. As you do so you will need to effectively take on more complex and key initiatives for your overall organization. To succeed, you continue to expand your knowledge and practical skills around DA, business agility, leadership, and team management skills, within the context of your organization and its culture. If you understand DA and are looking to reiMAGIne your leadership value proposition, this is for you.
Across 4 half-days, this 15 hour, DASSM training course is designed to raise the bar on critical leadership capabilities. It is composed of 9, instructor-led lessons that shows how to apply the DA tool kit to solve a variety of advanced problems, work with allies across the organization and optimize the teams' way of working. You will increase your knowledge in planning, metrics, reporting, and coordinating activities to meet the challenges that will arise. In addition, you will develop skills needed to form teams, foster emotional intelligence, resolve conflicts, and lead high-performing teams throughout the various stages of development. The course is filled with activities, supplemental reading and engagement that will prepare you to take the Disciplined Agile Senior Scrum Master exam and position you to immediately apply DA in your leadership role.
Candidates are from all levels of the organizations and all perspectives with two (2) years of agile team lead experience. This may include DASM, Scrum Master, Product Owner, Architect Owner, SAFe Certified Practitioner, etc.
As an example, Executives focused on using Agile as a business transformation vehicle will gain insights, skills, and best practices. Functional managers, mid-level managers, Portfolio and Program managers of teams who wish to create more effective agile applications within and across their teams will find value. Team leads, project managers, Scrum Masters, and team members seeking to improve their application of agile on a day-to-day basis will have new tools and techniques they can immediately apply.
What You Will Learn
- To accelerate your ability to lead high-profile initiatives that are critical to enterprise success.
- To take a deep dive into the Disciplined Agile tool kit to develop a comprehensive understanding of the hundreds of practices and strategies it contains and the trade-offs of applying them.
- To understand the scope of DA and the various layers from foundation to Disciplined DevOps to Value Stream to Disciplined Agile Enterprise.
- To use the tool kit to solve complex challenges commonly encountered in development and operational teams, the value stream, and at the enterprise level.
- To understand and apply the Tuckman Model of team development.
- To understand and apply various team decision-making techniques.
- To understand how to recognize, manage, and nurture emotional intelligence.
- To be confident empowering others on your team(s).
- To understand the Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Resolution Model and how to apply it to leading DA teams.
- To understand and apply business agility
- To learn how to lead your teams in any situation to improve value delivery for your customers.
- To take a deep dive into the DA process goal Coordinate Activities and make the appropriate application of decisions and options.
- To understand and apply the 5 levels of Pragmatic Planning for Agile projects.
- To learn how to design and implement metrics that measure your improvements in areas where your teams are struggling.
- To be prepared to take the Disciplined Agile Senior Scrum Master (DASSM) exam and earn valuable, credible certification.
- Strong knowledge of how to apply DA on your teams and programs. Becoming part of a connected community for Guided Continuous Improvement.
- Personalized coaching from your instructor and post-class meet-ups facilitated at the class member’s request.
- Specialized MAGI Assets to aid in exam prep.
Total PDU’s 15 (Leadership -7, Technical-8)
CERTIFICATION EXAM FEE is included
The DASSM Certification test fee is included in the registration fee (valid 30 days after class completion). The assessment is a non-proctored, online test.
- Students must already own and have read the book Choose Your WoW!: A Disciplined Agile Delivery Handbook for Optimizing Your Way of Working (WoW) by Scott Ambler & Mark Lines. (This is a PMI member benefit and is downloadable by all Current PMI members for no additional charge.)
- Students must have a solid foundation in Disciplined Agile including, but not limited to, Principles, Practices, Guidelines, Mindset, life cycles, steps to choose your WoW, phases and process goals, roles, ceremonies, artifacts, process blade layers, scaling factors.
- Two (2) years of experience working on an agile team in a leadership role, like Disciplined Agile scrum master, scrum master, product owner, architecture owner, etc.
Instructor(s): Beth is the Founder and CEO of The Ouellette Group, LLC, and the visionary behind MAGI-DA a specialized practice of The Ouellette Group solely focused on Disciplined Agile training, and she has personally trained over 100 candidates for the DA Certification path. Beth’s global experience in helping organizations create a better way of working to achieve their strategic goals will bring to life the practices and principles of Choosing Your WoW. Beth is a Certified Disciplined Agile Instructor and Certified Disciplined Agile Coach and excited to be a part of your journey and help create your future story. MAGI is an Approved Training Provider (ATP) of PMI. Beth holds the PMP, PgMP, PBA, DASM, DASSM, CDAI, and CDAC designations. Beth is the first PMI Fellow AND Disciplined Agile Coach!
BONUS to MAGI Students: As a value add we include an optional coaching opportunity for each participant to help map your strategy in preparation for the exam. This is an opportunity to work with the Instructor to ensure you are prepared for the exam. Plus, you will receive MAGI Hot Topics with tips and techniques for success with your exam prep.
About Disciplined Agile (DA)
Disciplined Agile (DA) is a process-decision tool kit that provides straightforward guidance to help people, teams, and organizations to streamline their processes in a context-sensitive manner. DA provides a solid foundation for business agility by showing how the various activities such as Solution Delivery (software development), IT Operations, Enterprise Architecture, Portfolio Management, Security, Finance, Vendor Management, and many others work together. DA also describes what these activities should address, provides a range of options for doing so, and describes the trade-offs associated with each option.
DASeniorSM 2-Day Course is listed at USD $900
Please note: Course tuition is non-refundable, though it may be rescheduled to a future date.
Disclaimer: This course is licensed by PMI to MAGI, and all updates, changes, corrections will be solely owned by PMI. As such, the materials, information, and exam parameters are subject to change at the sole discretion of PMI.
DASSM 2-Day Course
This 2-day DASSM training course is designed to raise the bar on critical leadership capabilities such as EI, conflict management, and cross organization engagement. It includes how to apply the DA tool kit to solve a variety of advanced problems to enable working with allies across the organization and optimize the teams' way of work. Reimagining your future, with Disciplined Agile’s WoW! Includes course content, all fees, including exam fee (valid for 30 days after training).