DASSM 2-Day Training, Feb. 09-10, 2021 (8:30am-5:15pm)
This DASSM course builds upon your foundation for agile (DA, Kanban, SAFe®, Scrum, and Lean) with leadership skills required for success: EI, conflict management, communications, and GCI. Instructor: Beth Ouellette For course-entry consideration email Beth@MAGI-DA.com for prereqs.
Feb 09, 2021, 8:30 AM EST – Feb 10, 2021, 5:15 PM EST
Zoom Video Conferencing
As a Disciplined Agile Senior Scrum Master, an Agile Alliance Scrum Master, a SAFe Certified Practitioner, or Agile Team Lead you will continue to position yourself and your team(s) for increased success with your leadership abilities. As you do so you will need to effectively take on more complex and key initiatives for your overall organization. To succeed, you continue to expand your knowledge and practical skills around DA, business agility, leadership, and team management skills, within the context of your organization and its culture.
This 2-day DASSM training course is designed to raise the bar on critical leadership capabilities. It is composed of 9, instructor-led lessons that shows how to apply the DA tool kit to solve a variety of advanced problems, work with allies across the organization and optimize the teams' way of working. You will increase your knowledge in planning, metrics, reporting, and coordinating activities to meet the challenges that will arise. In addition you will develop skills needed to foster emotional intelligence, resolve conflicts, and lead high-performing teams throughout the various stages of development. The course is filled with activities, supplemental reading and engagement that will prepare you to take the Disciplined Agile Senior Scrum Master exam and position you to immediately apply DA in your leadership role.
Course length: 15 hours
Instructors – Beth Ouellette
PDU’s 15 Leadership - Business/Strategy - Technical
What You Will Learn
- To accelerate your ability to lead high-profile initiatives that are critical to enterprise success.
- To take a deep dive into the Disciplined Agile tool kit to develop a comprehensive understanding of the hundreds of practices and strategies it contains and the trade-offs of applying them.
- To apply the Disciplined Agile tool kit in hands-on exercises to guide your team in choosing and evolving your best way of working (WoW) in real-life situations.
- To use the tool kit to solve complex challenges commonly encountered in development and operational teams, the value stream, and at the enterprise level.
- To learn how to design and implement metrics that measure your improvements in areas where your teams are struggling.
- To understand how to nurture emotional intelligence.
- To be confident empowering others on your team(s).
- To learn how to lead your teams in any situation to improve value delivery for your customers.
- To be prepared to take the Disciplined Agile Senior Scrum Master (DASSM) exam and earn valuable, credible certification. Your exam fee is included in tuition (Valid for 30 days).
DASSM Course Audience
Candidates are from all levels of the organizations and all perspectives with two (2) years of agile team lead experience. This may include DASM, Scrum Master, Product Owner, Architect Owner, SAFe Certified Practitioner, etc. As an example, Executives focused on using Agile as a business transformation vehicle will gain insights, skills, and best practices. Functional managers, mid-level managers, Portfolio and Program managers of teams who wish to create more effective agile applications within and across their teams will find value. Team leads, project managers, Scrum Masters, and team members seeking to improve their application of agile on a day-to-day basis will have new tools and techniques they can immediately apply.
Attendees will be registered on Disciplined Agile Consortium to receive DA communications, engage with the DA community, and track their certification progress. Includes one free attempt of the Disciplined Agile certification test when taken within 30 days of the course end date.
Total PDU’s 14 including: Technical (14)
- Students must already own and have read the book Choose Your WoW!: A Disciplined Agile Delivery Handbook for Optimizing Your Way of Working (WoW) by Scott Ambler & Mark Lines. (This is a PMI member benefit and is downloadable by all Current PMI members for no additional charge.)
- Students must have a solid foundation in Disciplined Agile including, but not limited to, Principles, Practices, Guidelines, Mindset, life cycles, steps to choose your WoW, phases and process goals, roles, ceremonies, artifacts, process blade layers, scaling factors.
- Two years of experience working on an agile team in a leadership role, like Disciplined Agile scrum master, scrum master, product owner, architecture owner, etc.
Instructor - Beth Ouellette
Beth is the Founder and CEO of The Ouellette Group, LLC, and the visionary behind MAGI-DA (MAGI-DA.com) a specialized practice of The Ouellette Group solely focused on Disciplined Agile training. Beth’s global experience in helping organizations create a better way of working to achieve their strategic goals will bring to life the practices and principles of Choosing Your WoW. Beth is a Certified Disciplined Agile Instructor and Certified Disciplined Agile Coach and excited to be a part of your journey and help create your future story. MAGI is an Approved Training Provider (ATP) of PMI.
Certification Test and DASSM Coaching
The DASSM Certification test fee is included in the registration fee. The assessment is a proctored, online test. As a value add we include an optional coaching opportunity for each participant to help map your strategy in preparation for the exam. This is an opportunity to work with the Instructor to ensure you are prepared for the exam.
About Disciplined Agile (DA)
Disciplined Agile (DA) is a process-decision tool kit that provides straightforward guidance to help people, teams, and organizations to streamline their processes in a context-sensitive manner. DA provides a solid foundation for business agility by showing how the various activities such as Solution Delivery (software development), IT Operations, Enterprise Architecture, Portfolio Management, Security, Finance, Vendor Management, and many others work together. DA also describes what these activities should address, provides a range of options for doing so, and describes the trade-offs associated with each option.
DASSM 2-Day Course is listed at USD $900
Please note: Course tuition is non-refundable, though it may be rescheduled to a future date.
DASSM 2-Day Course
This 2-day DASSM training course is designed to raise the bar on critical leadership capabilities such as EI, conflict management, and cross organization engagement. It includes how to apply the DA tool kit to solve a variety of advanced problems to enable working with allies across the organization and optimize the teams' way of work. Reimagining your future, with Disciplined Agile’s WoW! Includes course content, all fees, including exam fee (valid for 30 days after training).$900.00